For more than 75 years, the Catchacoma Cottagers’ Association has focused on the interests of our cottagers, including:
- Buoy program – we provide and maintain the buoys throughout Catchacoma lake and the Narrows to mark the general location of the most serious hazards on the lake
- Environment and Lake Stewardship – we have a Lake Steward who takes water samples to have tested by MOE to monitor the water quality of the lake for clarity, phosphorus levels and invader species (e.g. zebra mussels)
- Community events such as Dockfest
- Communications including this website, newsletters, and regular e-mails.
The CCA maintains memberships with the following organizations:
- Federation of Ontario Cottagers’ Associations (FOCA): a non-profit, voluntary organization that represents over 500 Ontario cottage associations dedicated to supporting the interests of Ontario’s waterfront property owners. All members of CCA are automatically members of FOCA.
- Cavendish Community Ratepayers Association Inc (CCRAI): a community-based organization, dedicated to working with all associations, residents, businesses, local township, and all levels of government both federally and provincially to find solutions to issues that are common among property owners in our area.
- Coalition for Equitable Water Flow (CEWF): working to implement equitable water management policy for the Trent-Severn Waterway taking all those affected into account
Your membership, donations and our sponsors support these activities. Thank you!
See our current Board of Directors on the Contact Us page.