Cottage Watch is a partnership for cottage safety
– this site includes information about Cottage Watch
The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), the Federation of Ontario Cottage Associations (FOCA) and local cottage associations such as ours have grouped together to provide a crime prevention program with three main components:
- Target hardening
- Community patrols
- Police teams
What is Cottage Watch? A community crime prevention program that:
- promotes cottage safety and security
- develops a partnership involving the police, your association and corporate sponsors.
How Does Cottage Watch Work? As a member of the cottage community, you become a partner by simply reporting suspicious persons or activities to the police. You are encouraged to:
- record license plate numbers and descriptions of any suspicious vehicles in your neighbourhood.
- watch for strangers in your neighbourhood.
- watch for persons taking “shortcuts” through your property.
- watch for vehicles making repeat visits through your neighbourhood.